Partial holiday success

In my last post, I wrote about how much I love to cook and bake. I shared what I was attempting to make as holiday gifts for my coworkers. As promised, this was my end result: 

The completed 2013 holiday treat plate
Not too bad, huh? My type A, perfectionist self is not pleased. I was not able to place all of the treats I made on the plates. The cinnamon sugar pretzels had to be left off. I also became frustrated because the crushed peppermint on the cookies were starting to fall off. Being extra nit-picky, I did not approve of my attempts at wrapping the homemade caramels in the red foils. I tried but I don't think the 2013 holiday treat plates were my best efforts. Good thing there is holiday season every year for me to improve. 

Thankfully, everyone said it all tasted delicious so I was successful in that sense. But Martha Stewart always says "It's all about the presentation." I would grade my presentation skills at a D. At least I can give myself an A for deliciousness. 

It is one week until Christmas so in addition to being hump day, today is the first day of a week of pure chaos. I'll give myself an B+ with holiday shopping. I've completed all of my shopping and only had to visit the mall once in order to be a helper elf for my mom. The crowds and hustle and bustle did result in a small anxiety attack but I survived. I even scored some rock star parking!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with friends, family and even pets. Speaking of pets, Rocky would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 



 

Comments

Popular Posts