Stitch Fix number seven

I received my seventh Stitch Fix the week of Thanksgiving. As I mentioned in my last review, I was pretty excited because I requested items for my upcoming Caribbean vacation. I wasn't sure what they would come up with considering it is winter time and they probably didn't have a large amount of beach wear available to choose from. But I wasn't worried because I've almost always been pretty pleased with the fixes they've sent. 

Even though I had a date planned for that evening, I had enough time to at least open and take a quick glance at everything. I requested a "resort evening wear" dress to wear one night at dinner. My family gets pretty dressed up for these dinners because it is fun to dress up when you usually don't get to. I had purchased a dress a few weeks prior at my favorite local boutique (and also had one from there which I bought for a date that didn't happen) to wear. I also found a beautiful dress at The Loft to take. Additionally I ordered two dresses from Francescas but knew I was going to return one and was undecided on the other one. The decision hinged on what Stitch Fix sent me. 

Here are the two dresses they sent me: 
Side note: I left the paperwork that comes with the fix at home so I'm not able to tell you what the brands are. I'll update later this week. Sorry! 

The long maxi dress was very soft but it was just wrong. I'm short...barely five feet tall. That much pattern over my entire body looked horrible. It was just bad. Not flattering at all. Also, there were two strings to tie into a bow at the waist but they were just randomly attached to the dress. The strings didn't cinch the waist or anything. It was also far too casual for our evening dinners. Verdict: Return

The dress on the right was dressier and has beautiful colors. Although again, not a huge flowery person but it the flower pattern wasn't overwhelming for me. I tried it on and nope. As is often the case, far too big on the top half for me. There was also an oddly placed snap where the dress meets in the middle below the chest. Why? You don't need to unsnap it to put the dress on or anything. The snap confused me. When I looked in the mirror from the front and from the side I just didn't feel beautiful. If I had, I would have easily taken it to the tailor to be fixed prior to the trip. Verdict: Return

I had also asked for a casual outfit to wear on an excursion or sightseeing. They sent me two shirts for consideration: 

The shirt on the left. I loved the color of it. In fact, when I provided feedback on my fix I told them so and encouraged them to send me a different shirt of that shade of blue. I hemmed and hawed over this shirt. It fit great and didn't look bad on me. I just wasn't sure about the cowl type neck. I'm not a huge fan of the cowl neck. I could easily wear the shirt with shorts, jeans or even a casual skirt and even to work. Ultimately, I called my mom on FaceTime to get her opinion. She wasn't sold on the shirt and said "I've seen better." Verdict: Return

The shirt on the right  is beautiful. I loved the navy and white. It has a unique middle section of the front where there is a layer underneath of the dark blue held closed with  hooks and buttons. The pattern is nice too. It is also a shirt my oldest sister would absolutely love. I tried it on and it was far too long. If it was any longer or if I was far more promiscuous I could consider wearing it for a mini-dress. Also, I prefer fitted or at least slightly fitted because the loose cuts like this shirt make me look boxy and sometimes pregnant and that is not a look I'm going for. Verdict: I was sad I had return it. 

The last item they sent was this necklace:


It is a cute necklace. I liked it at first sight. When I tried it on it I was sadden because the chain is so short the necklace doesn't have much dangle to it. Since I had already decided to return the previous four items I decided to keep the necklace so I wasn't out my twenty dollars. This is the first time this has occurred. I have already worn it several times though, so that is a plus. And who knows. Maybe I'll take it on vacation with me. 

So, that was my seventh fix. My next one should arrive in mid-January. In my note to the stylist for the next fix I requested another pair of Just Black jeans from one of my earlier fixes as well as appropriate winter clothes for dates (should I ever get another date) in the climate I live in. I requested no outerwear though. 

The other thing I requested? I requested for one of my first two stylists because they did a great job. The very first one was spot on with my style although her fix wasn't the most successful due to sizes. Not her fault. The second stylist...she got me. She was near perfection. I'm hoping to be reunited with one of those stylists for my next fix and if so I will continue to request them each time. 

This fix was indeed not a winner but many of my previous ones have been. (Go back and read those on the blog). I realize I have a unique body for clothes (my tailor continually informs me I have a very, very special body) and I'm not always sure of my sizes so I can't blame Stitch Fix for those issues. They are certainly trying. I also think because my first several fixes were so amazing I have built very high expectations for my future fixes. I need to reign that in because otherwise I'll rarely be pleased. I also think due to the surge of business (because really, it is an amazing service/company) they are potentially going through growing pains. 

If you haven't already experienced Stitch Fix and want to, I'd love it if you use my referral link: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3392664https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3392664

Comments

Popular Posts