When the 11th Stitch Fix arrived...

So, my 11th Stitch Fix arrived in mid-July and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. I think the main reason I kept putting it off is because I had a week with a lot of diabetes related posts. I wanted to give those attention as well as not let the fun Stitch Fix post get lost among the diabetes posts. 

So, here we are, fix number 11. My 11th box was just as exciting as the first box. I didn't have any specific requests but did place photos of a pair of yellow shoes and a statement necklace to my Pinterest board to see if she could come up with something to pair with them. 


So, what did they send me? 

The first item was the Remmie Printed Maxi Skirt by Papermoon. I love how Kim sent the following note with it "I know you have a very petite frame, but I thought I'd take a risk and send you the Remmie maxi! Pair with a plain tee and your necklace for a fun, casual look!" I think it is awesome she took a risk and sent me something I'd never contemplate purchasing, much less trying on. At only five feet tall, maxi skirts tend not to work on me. I loved the material this one was made out of and the colors/pattern. However, when I tried it on, it was more than a foot too long. At the suggestion of a Twitter friend, I tried it as a dress but that made me look about 20 sizes bigger. I managed to keep perspective and not cry from the experience. I took my time deciding on this skirt because I really liked it and really wanted to keep it. Ultimately, the price to pay someone to alter it in addition to the price of the skirt, I just couldn't justify it. Particularly because I figured I'd probably only wear it on the Caribbean vacations in December and even then, I love to be dressy for them. Verdict: Send back. (Even now as I type all of this a small part of me wishes I kept it). 






Item two: Keno Scoop Neck Blouse by Sweet Rain

Time has passed since I returned my fix so I don't remember exactly what my comments were. While the colors were nice when you combined them with the print and style of the shirt, I just wasn't feeling it. The fit was okay but just left me feeling pretty eh and blah. It looked great with my statement necklace though. Verdict: Send back. 







Item three: Ackley Houndstooth Print Blouse by 41Hawthorn 

I was pretty apprehensive about this shirt. I think because it has longer sleeves and it is summer. I truthfully have no idea why I was apprehensive. When I pulled it out of the box, I assumed it would be a return. (Honestly, nothing gave me an immediate gut feeling of being a keeper this time...this is why you should always try everything on). I tried it on and loved it. Because of the sleeves and how I'm always cold, I think it could work year round. On the style card, it is shown with a red jacket. I'm going to have to see how it looks with my black moto jacket that I am still obsessed with. Verdict: Keep! 




Item four: Loreto Crew Neck Blouse by Bash 

At first glance, it is cute...but so not my style. Perhaps it is because I've been reading the "Dorothy Must Die" series about Dorothy, Glinda and Oz and the gingham pattern reminds me of it. I liked the colors. Again, like the Sweet Rain shirt, it was sheer and required a cami underneath. I'm over the sheer tops and mentioned that in my comments at check out. While it fit, it didn't leave me feeling amazing. I think others could absolutely rock this shirt, but not me. Verdict: Send back. 




Item five: Bastille Tulip Sleeve Blouse by Papermoon

Obviously at first look this one has potential as it is black and not sheer. I like tulip style to the sleeves. It is different from all the other black shirts you see people wearing. I wasn't sure I'd want to keep it prior to trying it on. Once I tried it on, I knew there was no way I'd send it back. In fact, as I prepared to check out and send things back, I started thinking if there was a way I could wear it to a meeting later in the week. This shirt works for casual but could also work for business casual. I have a red blazer from The Limited I think it'd look great with as I try to expand my fashion choices and include jackets. Verdict: Keep! 

So, two out of the five items are keepers. Not bad considering they tend to aim for you to keep two or three and rarely expect you to keep all five. Again, I'm happy with the fix and really love how Kim took a risk. I'm definitely open to risks as long as they aren't too far out there. I sometimes need to be pushed and prodded to try something new. 

If you want to try Stitch Fix, I'd greatly appreciate you using my referral code: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3392664. Also, make sure you look at my past posts to see what I've received in my 10 prior fixes. There has been some good stuff. My next fix is scheduled for September. I've requested to return back to skirts and dresses because those are the clothes I love. It will also be fall so it will be fun to see what fall has in store fashion wise. 

Comments

Popular Posts