Unlucky 13 (followed by luckier 14)

Wow! The new job is keeping me busy. Although it isn't quite new at this point. To summarize, I love the fact it keeps me busy and I don't have much time to just do whatever, including blogging. Although I do miss writing my blog. Resolution? Make time over the weekends to blog. 

Since I'm playing catch up, I'll probably write quite a few blogs this week and then schedule for when they will post (yep, total slacker move). Today, it is time to catch up on my Stitch Fix addiction. Since I last blogged I received fix number 13 and fix number 14. 

Most people consider the number 13 to be unlucky. In regards to my Stitch Fix, unlucky doesn't even begin to explain it unfortunately. I suppose I should have known sooner or later I would receive a less than stellar fix. I don't remember what I asked for although I asked for my trusted stylist (as I always do). 

My fix arrived and there was a note about how my stylist thought a different stylist could help me with this fix. To summarize, nope. The new stylist could not help me. Here is what she sent: 




Item 1: Filbert 3/4 Sleeeve Popover Blouse by 41Hawthorn

This wasn't horrible. I really liked the bright red. However I wasn't digging the poofiness of the sleeves. Also, with my pump and its tubing I struggle to tuck shirts in because of where I typically place my infusion site and where I want to hook my pump for easy access. Verdict: Return





Items 2: Jayda Printed Aline Skirt by Gilli 

In the picture it looks cute. It was made of terry cloth material, which is awesome. Awesome for casual moments but not for work. When I tried it on, it just reminded me of something you'd fine at Forever 21 (no judgment) which is not quite the style I'm going for as a professional of my age. Verdict: Return 



Item 3: Aliyah Layered Nugget Bead Necklace by Bancroft

This item was doomed from the start because it was quite tangled. It took me at least 30 minutes to untangle it. The fact it came in such a mess left me with the impression they scrambled to throw things together to send me a fix. This impression was also left by the massive fail of the fix. Jewelry is hard for them to send me because I'm pretty picky and I rarely wear jewelry. When I do, it is simple jewelry, which is mentioned in my profile. Verdict: Return 



Item 4: Jordyn Bootcut Pant by Liverpool 

First thought was they are cute. Tried them on and the tears flowed. They had about 4 to 6 inches extra length. The material of the pants are similar to yoga pants (hell yes!) so tailoring them, not sure if possible. My dismay of the pants might have been influenced by the previous items I had looked at and tried on. By this point was feeling quite defeated. I put them in the maybe pile. Verdict: Ultimately, I decided to keep them only to not lose the $20 styling fee credit. I've actually worn them numerous times. If I wear them with my 4 inch heels (or higher) they don't drag on the ground. I should probably look into getting them tailored but it is no longer an immediate priority.

And now to the first item I saw....


Item 5: Senora Tie Back Blouse by Skies are Blue

Umm....seriously? First, it was sheer and requires a camisole under it which I've asked the past few times to move away from. I'd like to wear a bra instead of a camisole to work. Second, it is the blouse version of Kim Kardashian's MET ball couch dress. Nope. The few times they've sent me floral print items, I've immediately sent them back with a note about how nope, not into florals. Third, when even your mother gasps in horror when you show her a picture of it and proclaims even she wouldn't think of buying that for you OR HER, you know the blouse is bad. It just isn't my style. If you like it, I apologize if I've offended you but in my opinion, this blouse is atrocious and hideous. Keeping true to my rules though, I tried it on. And it looked worse on me than it does on the hanger. Verdict: Return. Obviously. 

So that was fix number 13. I wasn't sure if I would want to order another fix. Number 13 made me so sad because number 12 with its Chicago Bears theme was perfection. I decided Stitch Fix can't be perfect all the time so I should give them another shot. I scheduled fix number 14. I requested my favorite stylist but made note of how I was worried I might have offended her or she didn't like me and didn't want to style me. I requested some jeans I saw them promote on Instagram which seemed pretty awesome (and comfortable). I also mentioned an outfit I pinned that I found at Von Maur and had been obsessing over. 

Fix number 14 arrive on New Years Eve. And my favorite stylist returned to me and wrote a sweet note apologizing for what went down with fix number 13. Her note already had me excited and at ease to open up the tissue paper wrapped items. (True story, I never look at the styling picture cards until after I try on all the clothes). 






Item 1: Christiana Printed Pencil Skirt by Margaret M 

You guys, this is basically the slate colored version of the blue skirt they sent in fix number 12! The skirt has no buttons or zippers. It is wonderful. Since it is a pencil skirt it has a snug fit compared to the relaxed one of my blue skirt. I'm not sure if I'll wear it to work yet but I do love the skirt. Verdict: Keep



Item 2: Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jean by Kut From The Kloth

These are the jeans I requested based on seeing them in an Instagram post. My stylist was excited I requested them because they had just received them in petite sizes. I tried them on first and fell in love. I did not want to take them off to try everything else on to be honest. I can uncut them if I want but I love the style of them being cuffed. Bonus points to these jeans, which are my usual size, they were a little loose rather than snug so it was a nice self-esteem boost. Verdict: Keep 







Item 3: Fisher Scoop Neck Blouse by Papermoon

Ugh. Another sheer blouse. The print wasn't anything I was excited about. I tried it on and wasn't feeling it. Perhaps someone else will be over the moon about it. Verdict: Return it


Item 4: Aubriana Textured Pencil Skirt by Gilli 

I'll be honest, this is not something I'd pick out myself but I was quite excited about it. It definitely was pushing me outside of my comfort zone but in a good way. This is one of the reasons I love my stylist; she often includes an item to push my comfort zone to get me to try something new. Sometimes it is a success and other times not so much. Before I had even tried it on I was already thinking of what I owned I could wear with it and how I would need to go get some new brown boots. Love any excuse to go get new shoes. Obviously. I tried it on and nope, it just wasn't right. Compared to other items, it highlighted my stomach which I prefer to hide. I just wasn't feeling confident or comfortable in it but I did love the skirt. Verdict: Regrettably I returned it because despite loving it, it just wasn't the right fit. 





Item 5: Palermo Sweater Knit Swing Skirt by Papermoon 

Oh lordy. I pulled this skirt out of the box and was shocked by how small the waist was. I frantically checked the sizing. Nope, it was my size. It was stretchy material. It was cute. I would have loved it. But it hung so awkwardly on my body I couldn't justify it. It definitely had a date/girls' night out vibe rather than a work vibe. Verdict: Return 



I am scheduled for a fix at the end of February but actually rescheduled for the end of January because I really need some winter tops to go with my skirts, dress pants and jeans for winter. To be honest, I just need tops in general.

If you are interested in Stitch Fix, please use my referral code because I really need to referral credit to maintain my addiction to this service. :) And despite how much of a disaster number 13 was, my other fixes have been such positive experiences. I figure Stitch Fix can't be perfect every single time. And one time out of 13, not bad odds so try it out. My referral link: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3392664 

Comments

Popular Posts