The results are in...

I took my APR exam Saturday afternoon. It was a slightly terrifying experience. I was hopeful the first question I would know, without a doubt, the answer to. It wasn't until about question 16 I felt confident about an answer. The rest of the exam I had a horrible thought in the back of my mind that I wouldn't pass the exam, so I partially gave up while completing the exam. Not good. Anxiety kicked in halfway through because I knew I was taking too long with the questions. I was running out of time. I finished answering all 190 questions with about 40 minutes left. After I reviewed all the questions I marked to review, I had about 25 minutes left. There wasn't enough time to go through all 190 questions again, so I hit the "End" button. 

And waited. 

And waited. 

And waited. 

I had my head in my hands and glimpsed at the computer screen between my fingers waiting for words to appear on the completely white screen. I chanted to myself in my head that it was okay that I wasn't going to pass. I could come back in 30 days and retake the exam.

Finally, after what seemed like years, writing appeared on the white screen.

And then I was too terrified to look.  

 Eventually I gathered my courage and peaked through my fingers. And I saw this...

I PASSED!!!

And really, that is all that matters in this moment of time. I can now be considered an expert in my professional field of public relations. It took a lot of time and hard work. Ultimately, it was worth it. The amount of pride I have in this accomplishment is somewhat ridiculous. I've randomly contacted various family members to remind them yet again I earned my APR. No longer is my name "Kristin last name." It is now "Kristin last name, APR." It is a wonderful feeling to see those three letters behind my name. And now I just need to figure out what to do with all my spare time because I no longer have to study.

Comments

Popular Posts