Sweeping away the dust

Wow! I have neglected my blog for just over a year since my car was stolen. Remember that? I'm not sure I will ever be able to forget it. I swept off the dust because well, I have lots to say about all sorts of things. 

I think the main reason I have found my way back to my blog is because I miss my diabetes advocacy efforts. And soon I will have had my insulin pump and continuous glucose monitor for four years. FOUR YEARS! Considering how much of a stink I put up when my doctor decided I needed to pump, who would have thought I'd not only have kept it but am thriving with it. Looking back, one of the best decisions ever. 

With that said, I'll blog in the near future about some diabetes focused things on my mind but the purpose of this blog is to bring y'all up to speed on what has kept me so busy. Because honestly, when does life slow down? It pretty much doesn't. 

So ... some of the highlights: 

  • I replaced my stolen car with an amazing Subaru BRZ. Legit, it is a sexy game. I might have to send a thank you card to the punk who stole and destroyed my Camry. 
  • I got to visit an official Christian Louboutin store in person for the first time in October. I treated myself to a weekend in Dallas (first time visiting) and went to the spa, nabbed some of my favorite beer from Phoenix, returned to Nordstrom and visited some high-end stores I've always dreamt of. It was so fun and I look forward to returning! 
  • In November, all of my efforts at work paid off and I witnessed everything coming to life with our Speakeasy benefit for the local Alzheimer's Association. The goal was to raise $100,000 and I came up just shy raising $95,000. Considering the economic condition here in the state, I'm extremely proud of my efforts and the efforts of our committee. 
  • December brought another family trip to the Caribbean and this time we went to St. Maarten/St. Martin as well as a one day trip to St. Barths. It was so much fun. Our resort was next to the airport so I was able to stand on the beach as airplanes arrived and departed. It was incredible! 
  • In 2017, life changed in a good way as I was approached about a job opportunity with an International company. I wasn't looking but based on the company's reputation, I would have been foolish to not listen and next thing I knew I was putting in my notice and starting a new job. I miss so many people from my previous job because they are magnificent. Thankfully Facebook helps me stay connected. Despite all of that, this new opportunity has been incredible and I am blessed it came my way. It is amazing how good things come to you when you aren't looking. Maybe this works for relationships? Doubtful. The new job is keeping me crazy busy as is my involvement with Public Relations Society of America. I wouldn't give anything up though. 
  • This spring I also decided to become a better home owner and start doing various projects around the house. I have a long journey ahead but every tiny step counts. Right? Right? RIGHT? The one completed project was I painted my front door. I took it from an atrocious dark green to a vibrant bright blue. I love it. I've also picked out wall colors for inside the house although I need to figure out trim colors. The next project will be to paint all the rooms in the house. So, you'll probably see more home improvement focused posts too. I also painted my patio furniture. 



We all know I love to travel. Not only have I traveled to the Caribbean since my last blog post but also went to Orlando for the Alzheimer's Association event as a guest of the local chapter. It was incredible and I'm proud I'm able to support them, even if on a smaller scale than before. I have also returned home to Nebraska and have a visit to return in the near future. Work will take me to Seattle and Indianapolis this year while PRSA will take me to Boston. Thank goodness Rocky loves Camp Bow Wow! 

This is all I can think of which might be of interest to you but probably isn't of interest. At least it has opened the door for me to return to my neglected blog. I'm excited to start writing again! 

Comments

  1. I like the new look here Kristin. The new door rocks as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts