Diabetes blog week -- day three

It is already day three of diabetes blog week. It has been quite interesting (and thought provoking) so far. What is on tap for day three? Cleaning it out. 
"Yesterday we kept stuff in, so today let's clear stuff out. What is in your diabetic closet that needs to be cleaned out? This can be an actual physical belonging, or it can be something you're mentally or emotionally hanging on to. Why are you keeping it and why do you need to get rid of it?"
I'm going to admit. The topics of diabetes blog week have not been the easiest for me to blog about. I just haven't had a great connection to the topics whereas I'm confident many others have been able to nearly immediately know what they would write about. This one has me stumped. 

What do I need to clean out? If I'm honest I have a storage bin in my linen closet with, I believe five or six, old glucose meters. We're talking about some old school ones. True story. I need to get rid of them. I want to get rid of them but I refuse to throw them away because I know they work. I've tried contacting both JDRF and American Diabetes Association but have been unable to receive an answer on if there is somewhere I can donate them. I considered contacting my friend who has done several mission trips to Haiti to see if they could use them but time got the best of me and I forgot. Surely, there has to be somewhere I can donate them. Seriously. There are drives to collect used eyewear, why not useable glucose meters? 

I mentioned yesterday about how being a perfectionist doesn't quite work well with diabetes. Ever so slowly I'm working on letting go of my need to be perfect in every way. So I suppose that works as an answer to the topic. 

As I said, struggling to connect to the topic. Fingers crossed tomorrow is a topic I connect with because these past few posts have been pretty pitiful. I encourage you to read many of the far more delightful posts though with today's topic. You can find links to those posts here

Comments

Popular Posts