Stitch Fix #2


I ordered my second Stitch Fix  in February a few weeks after receiving my first fix. The service is becoming so popular the first date I was able to select for my fix arriving was April 17. Considering I’m not known for being the most patient person, it was disappointing because I didn’t want to wait that long for another fix. Remember my first post, I referred to Stitch Fix as a drug dealer – it is that addictive. The positive that negates the negative of waiting so long is my bank account had time to grow and prepare for fix number two.

When I scheduled my fix I asked for skirts and dresses. I mentioned I was looking for something to be worn for Easter that could potentially be worn for work and/or dates. See! I’m trying very hard to be optimistic in that part of my life. I also mentioned, again, a need for aviator sunglasses. Not too demanding, didn’t seem like hard needs to be met. A few weeks after ordering my fix, I received this skirt and tweeted with StitchFix. I asked about needing a shirt for the skirt. I was told I could change the comments both in my profile and fix order. So I hustled to their site and changed those items. I also took out the information about the sunglasses because they weren’t the most important thing. And just a few weeks ago I found some amazing aviator sunglasses which are not too big for my face at the outlet mall. Yay!   

It is starting to get warm in the South so I pulled out my go to jean shorts and to my horror they were not fitting well. I had to go to the mall for an event so I spent some extra time in a few stores trying to find a new pair. Most stores didn’t have them and the ones that did – not my style. So again, I tweeted at Stitch Fix and asked if it was too late to put in an emergency request for jean shorts for my fix arriving in a little over a week. They kindly informed me it was indeed too late but to go ahead and to request them in my next order. Knowing how long I had to wait for my current fix and how desperately I needed new shorts, I immediately went to their site to try to order another fix.

Guess what! I wasn’t able to because my fix was already completed and in the process of being mailed. When I logged in, I was given the page to complete my review/purchase – where you provide detailed feedback on your fix and let them know if you are keeping or returning an item. So, I was able to see, by name – no pictures, what was in my fix. This was a little disappointing because it took some surprise out of my fix. In the grand scheme of things, not a huge deal.

My box arrived and I knew what was in it but not what each piece looked like. Three dresses and two shirts. Yay! I love wearing dresses. Probably because they never have to be hemmed like pants. J  I was anxious to see what they looked like. By their names, I was extremely excited to see the polka dot dress. A dress WITH polka dots?! Yes please!

And then I read the card with the note from my stylist (before opening the tissue wrapped package of clothes) and became – I’m not quite sure what I became. I was little disappointed. I was a little frustrated. Maybe conflicted? I’m not sure. I just know I was no longer over-the-moon happy. The stylist’s note mentioned nothing about a shirt for my skirt but did mention the dresses would work well for Easter and spring/summer. She then informed me how she would have loved to find me some sunglasses but they don’t offer those at this time. I’ve had time to reflect on this and I’m going to give Stitch Fix the benefit of the doubt that I didn’t change my comments in time for the stylist who was putting together my fix. So, we’ll just try again with my next fix. And I’ll make sure to change/update my profile BEFORE I schedule my fix.

Now, on to the important stuff – the clothes!

Item #1: Carlie Mixed laced Short Sleeve Shirt




This shirt is pretty  neat but I’m not a lace girl. What makes it neat is the back with its racerback cut and parts of the back on top are cut out. It came with a white camisole to wear under it. Although I like it, I don’t love it. On me, the sleeves didn't seem long enough, it felt sleeveless and I’m not a huge fan of sleeveless and so I’d want to wear a jacket or cardigan over it which takes away from what makes the shirt stand out – the back. I also wouldn’t want to wear it just by itself because it’s off-white and not that slimming. So, this is a return.

Item #2: Jasmine Pleat Detail Floral Print Blouse





It’s pretty. But again, sleeveless although it would work great with a jacket/cardigan over it. Like lace, I’m not a huge floral fan. With all of that said, the reason I’m returning it is because it was too big.

Item #3: Harriet Geo Print Fit & Flare Dress


I really love this dress. And it fit pretty well. I’m not sure if it is the most slimming because of where exactly it goes from black to pattern. I tried it with my jean jacket and it looked great. Tuesday was a crummy day for me so I’m going to try it on again tonight after hopefully a much better day before I decide. I’m leaning towards keeping it.

Item #4: Galen Racerback Polka Dot Dress




Hello! Is this dress not absolutely me? A) It is polka dots B) I love the color and C) The cut is similar to other dresses I have. I love the bow on the side too. It is absolutely perfect for a date (Ha! Like those happen) or going out with friends. I could even get away with it at work – of course with a jacket or cardigan over it. I’m not a fan of wearing sleeveless items at work. It doesn’t seem professional. Also, I, like everyone else, do not have the arms of Michelle Obama. I’m torn on keeping this dress. I obviously love it. I’m unsure of how it fits. I need someone to see me in it and provide their opinion.

Item #4: Audry Lace Fit & Flare Dress



Just looking at it, my first thought was “Welp, that is going back.” I mean really, it is off-white (not slimming) and is lace. But I tried it on because you just need to make sure you try everything on because you never know what you are going to like. And guess what?! This might be my favorite of the entire fix. I’m not overly excited about the color but it is a cute dress, it fits extremely well, I don’t look massively huge in it and it will be fun to accessorize with. This is a keeper.

I never look at the prices until after I’ve tried everything on and already have opinions on if I want to keep the pieces or not. The reason I do this is because prices can easily influence your decision. The prices for all the pieces are extremely reasonable. Looking at the prices and seeing how much I’d pay if I bought this or that, I actually noticed the impact the discount has if you buy all five pieces. It is a huge!

All in all, I still love Stitch Fix. My second fix was a slight let-down but not enough to make me give up. Those things happen, especially as this company continues to grow and become popular. It seems like lately everyone is joining. Yay for growth!! In fact, as it grows and the time between fixes continues to become longer, I’m starting to strongly consider signing up for a monthly fix. The one piece of constructive criticism I have for them is they should provide a table in their FAQ for when items need to be sent back by. Kind of a “If you receive your fix on a Monday, your returns need to be mailed by …” I always am confused – do I count the day it arrived as day one which means returns need to be in the mail the day after tomorrow? It would just be nice to have that reference so I’m not frantic and trying to decide everything within 24 hours.

Comments

Popular Posts